Friday, June 22, 2012

Where Women Create, Cook, Drink, Laugh and Eat



San Luis Obispo
is

really

quite a
s m a l l 
town





months ago
I
heard

through 
the 
rumor mill

that
a woman
that 
I have admired
for 
years
was going
to 
be 
the 
motivational speaker
for
Spring 2012
event

and I set about to meet her
….

is
the
inspiration
creator
and
editor-in-chief
for
Where Women Create magazines
..
Where Women Cook magazines
..
Where Women Cook - Celebrate!
..
Where Women Create - Book of Inspiration
and 
others

and I have every single copy
of every single magazine
and book
she
ever published

because
simply
They Inspire Me





I had to meet
Jo Packham!

and I did

IMG_1304




many
heartfelt
thanks
to
my friend
Judy Watkins

(quite an inspirational woman in her own right)

for giving 
me
not 
only the
opportunity
to meet
Jo
but
for 
me
to 
also
be inspired
by
fifteen
extraordinary
local
women
who 
 followed
their 
passions
and
created
their own
success stories



For this evening
we chose
some delightful
local wines
IMG_1283
and 
with the 
so appreciated
help
of
Petit's
Ashley, MC and Stephanie
we
prepared
and
served
a
handful
of 
really
special
hor d'ouveres
and
IMG_1285

small bites 
IMG_2272

IMG_2273


Stephanie, MC and Ashley
IMG_1286
that we shared
with
these
amazing
and
celebrated
women




for 
our
amuse bouche
we served:
 Petit Almonds
  Curried crab salad on cucumber
   Brussel's Sprouts with lardons and currants in puff pastry
  a skewer of chèvre, local nectarine and arugula
   and a fresh picked Strawberry
IMG_1303








the 
Amuse Bouche
was
enjoyed
while
Jo
inspired
us 
with
stories
of
her 
life journey:

the
ups and downs
and
tribulations
of 
following
one's
passion




 and 
  with it
       creating your own career









      Her story was 
     captivating
and 

so glad
that
our Petit ladies (including my Annie)
had the opportunity
to
hear from
and
about
the importance of 


     quietly listening to your inner voice
                and
following your passion
IMG_1310



after
 Jo spoke
   all the invited ladies introduced themselves


and


 we 
 served
"tartines"
French-inspired open faced sandwiches
in
delicious flavors
of:
brie, pear and toasted walnuts
smoked salmon, creme fraiche with capers
and
shaved cantaloupe, chèvre with chopped smoked almonds
IMG_1308


I was
truly
honored
to be in the 
company
of
such
extraordinary
women




I was
humbled
to meet
and
be 
inspired
in person
by 
Jo Packham

and
was
so 
proud
of
the
dedication
smiles
and 
passionate help
for
this
amazing evening
from
our
Petit ladies

Ashley
MC (aka Emily)
and Stephanie


Thank you
to
guru 
Jenny Malott,
for your
love,
graphics
and video
of this 
amazing evening
(click the above to see)

count my blessings 
daily
and
am
so
thankful
that
I
too
have been
 able
to
wake up every morning
with
a smile
knowing
that
I will
be


laughing

creating

enjoying

and

persuing

my
passions
and
inspiring others
at
home 
and
at
Petit Soleil





1 comment:

  1. This evening that you prepared for us Dianne and all the wonderful young women was one of the most inspiring evenings of my life. Thank you!!! xo Judy

    ReplyDelete